Briar Press, a letterpress community. “Proudly introducing the bleeding-edge world of personalized desktop publishing circa 1820.”
Internet book piracy will drive authors to stop writing. This article just made me laugh. It almost makes me want to go out and pirate their books, just so they’ll cease writing and stop polluting the world with stupid ideas.
Forensic typography or how Jonathan Hoefler stopped the next hip-hop war.
- The National — 90-Mile Water Wall
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club — Ain’t No Easy Way
- The Killers — When You Were Young
- MGMT — Time to Pretend
- Reverend and the Makers — Heavyweight Champion of the World
- Justice — D.A.N.C.E. (Mstrkrft Remix)
- Tiga — Louder Than A Bomb
- Kanye West — Stronger
- Hot Chip — Over And Over
- Tokyo Police Club — Nature of the Experiment
- Of Montreal — Gronlandic Edit
- Okkervil River — Our Life Is Not a Movie or Maybe
This would also be a good place to mention the mixes over at Yewknee, some of my favourites. Drop a comment if you’ve got one to listen to, I’m always up for discovering new music.
Choosing the right figures. Explaining when to use old style or lining figures and whether to use the tabular or proportional variety.
Create your own font in 8 simple steps. And to think I watched my classmates spend a year making a single typeface, they must just be slow.
Publisher’s Bindings Online is a gallery of book bindings from 1815–1930, there are some real gems here.