Computing and the Creative Arts is a new degree being offered by my alma mater that would’ve been right up my alley.
For those interested in designing large-scale web applications, it’s worth taking a look at O’Reilly’s database war stories. They tap some of the larger real-world players for your reading enjoyment.
- Part 1: Second Life
- Part 2: Bloglines and Memeorandum
- Part 3: Flickr
- Part 4: NASA World Wind
- Part 5: Craigslist
- Part 6: O’Reilly Research
- Part 7: Google File System and BigTable
- Part 8: Findory and Amazon
- Part 9: Brian Aker of MySQL responds
The future human consciousness will not be stored in a flat file.